Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change, with over 320 million users. Our team spans 18 countries and empowers hundreds of millions of people to have a voice and fight injustice. Nearly every hour, a petition on Change.org achieves victory. We’re working to build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
About the role:
We're an open platform because we believe more change happens when people with different backgrounds and perspectives can participate in the conversation. The Trust and Safety Associate will be on the front lines of safety and policy issues raised by the millions of people who use the Change.org platform. This individual will work closely with our User Success & Safety, Legal and Policy teams to ensure our users feel safe and empowered to create the change they want to see. This individual is expected to be able to work with minimal supervision and will be given the autonomy to make decisions in their daily work. This role sits within our Trust and Safety team and will report to the Trust and Safety Manager.
As a member of our team you will be expected to:
- Review, make decisions and act upon content flagged by our internal and external community
- Communicate content decisions via email to users in a way that is empathetic to our users’ needs and fosters a deeper understanding of our platform
- Provide data to inform policy, product improvements, and other company decision-making
- Recommend improvements to process and workflows to increase efficiency and user safety
- Be comfortable working with a certain amount of ambiguity and enjoy a fast-paced environment with frequently-changing information
This describes you:
- Proven track record of professional and empathetic communication in a customer service environment
- You’re able to remove any bias when making decisions on the difficult subject matter
- You’re able to understand complex processes and apply them to your work with ease
- You can learn new things quickly--and are excited to do so--and you aren’t afraid to ask when you’re unsure of (or have just plain forgotten) something
- You have an incredible amount of empathy and patience, and can make passionately upset people feel heard while capably handling the underlying issue
- You enjoy keeping up with events and news happening around the world
Bonus points for:
- Strong preference for candidates who have experience in either moderating content on a user-generated platform or experience enforcing content and legal policies
- Fluency in another language or familiarity with one or more non-American cultures
- Experience working with content from outside the US
- Start-up experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Zendesk and/or other leading CS platforms
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time opportunity
- Candidates must be able to work out of our San Francisco, CA office and must be eligible to work in the United States
- This is a shifted position that requires working every weekend
- You will NOT be working in a call-center environment but rather in our office alongside fellow employees in a variety of skillsets
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started, and we hope you’ll join us.