Spark is a venture-backed, direct-to-consumer startup, where customer service is a big deal. We have a recurring revenue business model, and create relationships and community with our customers.
We are looking for a Customer Support Representative to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in customer support, with experience ranging from technical support to order management, participation on cross-functional teams, enthusiasm, and a contagious customer focus.
This position is a major contributor in ensuring our customers love Spark, and is responsible for broadcasting insights from the front lines throughout the company. The ideal candidate is humble and hard-working, demonstrates curiosity and adaptability in a rapidly evolving environment, and exhibits a high degree of empathy and enthusiasm for customers.
- Deliver amazing customer support experiences across multiple channels
- Follow processes and protocols to ensure operational excellence, provide insights and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Articulate and evangelize the culture and philosophy driving our interactions, executing our strategy for turning customers into promoters
- Keep accurate records, thoroughly document customer conversations and execute follow up actions to satisfy customer needs
- Satisfy KPIs across customer happiness, speed, quality, and our team
- Understand who our customers are, what drives them, how to engage with them and what their pain points are – whether they’re a pro-level grilling diehard or a home chef who’s new to grilling
- Anticipate where problem areas will emerge and identify solutions that improve our capabilities to support customers
- Act as a model representative for our company, our brand and demonstrate a constant customer focus
- Be purposeful with interactions, bring positive energy, thoughtfulness and empathy in order to inspire customer loyalty and referral
- Help make Spark an industry leader, known for best in class support that is friendly, fast, and easy for customers
- 3-5 years managing customer interactions on a multi-channel support platform
- Demonstrated ability to understand and meet or exceed SLAs
- Ability to pluck out larger insights and trends from customer interactions that can inform product, engineering, marketing and more
- Ability to speak a bit of every language at Spark, including engineering (discussing technical aspects of the product), marketing (communicating brand values), and operations (managing orders and coordinating with the shipping team)
- Cross functional mindset to avoid customer insights staying siloed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Kustomer strongly preferred
- Experience with Shopify a major plus
- A love for food, cooking, and general knowledge of grilling, especially with charcoal, is beneficial but not required
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Generous equity package in a venture-backed startup.
- Market based compensation.
- Comprehensive benefit options with a Spark contribution to health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Flexible scheduling and PTO policies.
- Volunteer Time Off policy.
- Friends at work with many hobby related groups.
- Unlimited grilling opportunities with a fun team.
- Plenty of room for professional growth as part of a small but growing team.
We’re applying engineering, design, technology, and, above all, fresh thinking to reimagine the modern grilling experience. Wait what? Grilling is an American pastime. It’s part of our social fabric. Why change something that’s not broken?
We believe parts of the experience and category are broken or stale. Even what’s working can be improved – but we can’t ruin what people already love. That’s a tough balance to strike. But we believe there’s a huge opportunity.
Spark combines the artisanship of the pre-gas era with the technology of today to give cooks the authenticity, taste and character of charcoal without all the hassle.