Position/Title: Customer Support Agent
Compensation: $20 - $25/hr based on experience
Hours: 40 hrs/week, flexible schedule
Location: Our warehouse is based in Rhode Island, but this position is fully remote
Start Date: Late July - Early August, depending on applicant availability
Employment: 8 week contract to start with potential FTE upon organizational fit
We are looking for a Customer Support Agent who is a quick learner, detail oriented, thoughtful, and is willing to wear many hats based on the operational needs of Cannon Keys. We need a hungry, quick thinking agent who can help elevate us to the next level as we experience exponential growth.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Resolve all customer support issues
- Respond to all tickets (out of an email inbox) within 24 hours
- Address all customer issues as efficiently and completely as possible
- Ensure consistent, polite, knowledgeable, and quality messaging
- Troubleshoot common technical and service issues including but not limited to: product visual quality issues, malfunctioning PCB’s (protected circuit boards), etc.
- Maintain high quality and efficiency based on organizational KPI’s
- KPI’s will be focused on learning, skill development, efficacy, and efficiency
- Continued product knowledge and training - Keep up to date and be familiar with Cannon Keys’ large offering of products past and present
- Understand the different types of products and how we sell them (group buy, pre-order, in stock)
- Understand the fulfillment process and common issues associated with each product type
- Familiarity with the technical aspects necessary to decipher issues between the offerings.
- High quality work and performance that exceeds expectations will be rewarded with growth opportunities
- Problem-solving skills - Quickly assess a situation and prescribe a resolution.
- Communication skills - This role relies heavily on both written and verbal communications, internally and with our customers.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience; online customer service experience preferred
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate will skillfully navigate workflow with a remote team, and can defuse and resolve a variety of issues for customers
- Proficiency with Google Office Suite
- Have strong attention to detail - The ideal candidate will notice and report any trending patterns they come across in customer tickets, and suggest potential solutions
- Operate with a high level of autonomy - The ideal candidate will be able to skillfully perform day-to-day tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
- Be a team player - CannonKeys has the shared philosophy of allowing the best idea to win out. The ideal candidate will be able to present new ideas to assist the team and be willing to compromise if necessary, to ensure that we’re always going with the best course of action
- Familiarity with custom mechanical keyboards is a big plus; not required
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to lift heavy objects occasionally
- Ability to work in a loud environment
- Ability to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day