Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices located in Philadelphia and San Francisco, along with a distributed team across the US, Guru is looking for a dynamic self-starter that will be genuinely empathetic to the needs of our valued customers. As the Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing, responding, and advancing technical product requests, as well as working with our engineering team to raise customer issues and test new features prior to their release all to ensure our customers are having a spectacular experience. Additionally your focus will include creating and fine-tuning our product documentation.
This job is not only about how well you support our customers; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your abilities, to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required; sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Compose and respond to all inbound technical support requests from our customer communication channel (Intercom) in a timely, thoughtful and personalized manner
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of the Guru product, understanding all technical intricacies of how our product works and how customers realize their business goals through Guru
- Create and improve internal Guru Cards and external Help Center Articles to support our growing customer base as well as our internal team
- Contribute to our growing customer community by facilitating peer-to-peer support
- Prioritize, document, and debug technical customer issues that arise for the engineering team to resolve
- Lead as the voice of the customer to the Product and Engineering organizations, raising product trends, bugs, and areas of improvement to these teams to reduce customer churn
- Manage relationships between the customer and our product, design and engineering teams, advocating for our internal team as well as our customers
- Support the product development team in testing new features and bug fixes prior to releasing to production
- Establish and share best practices with the Technical Support Team to improve our team's performance and knowledge as we expand to new support channels including live chat and video support
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the broader Revenue team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through documentation and collaboration
- Support our Sales team with incoming technical questions from prospects about our product’s more complicated features and integrations
- You have a minimum of two years of experience in a similar role: customer support or success, sales engineering, engineering, or product preferably supporting a technical B2B software product
- You believe exceptional customer support can make an impact on a user’s experience with a product
- You are excited about technology and you love learning about a changing technical product, even when it’s a little out of your comfort zone
- You are able to tactfully support customer issues under high pressure and time-sensitive situations
- You’re able to navigate ambiguous situations and lean on your creativity and problem-solving skills when the answer is not obvious
- You enjoy leveraging data to make decisions and get to the root cause of customer needs
- You excel at written and verbal communication; you have the ability to distill complex technology topics in easy to understand, concise, and clear language to a range of audiences
- You have previous experience in a technical software troubleshooting environment working with engineers
- You have experience working and manipulating data within data and analytics platforms such as Looker, Mode, and Google Analytics
- You have experience supporting cloud applications such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Confluence, Box, Okta, Office 365, Slack, Google Apps, etc
- You have experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
- You have foundational skills in technical software applications, such as working knowledge of APIs, Python, and basic HTML
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.