We started Freedom Grooming to improve the grooming lives of men, everywhere. We set out to ensure that regardless of skin complications, such as psoriasis or eczema, every man can enjoy a seamless, frictionless shave. That was until we discovered a worldwide opportunity for our products and technology beyond just those suffering from these conditions - everyone hates irritation and loves smooth shaves! Join us on our journey to help every man have a carefree shaving experience!
We are looking for an organized leader who is passionate about engaging with our customer base to ensure that all of our customers are thrilled with their experience with Freedom Grooming. This person will view customer happiness and engagement as a key contributing factor to the growth and sustainability of the business that enables us to fix customer pain points, streamline our processes and systems, improve customer retention, and enhance the quality of our products. The role will report directly to the Founder/CEO and will be responsible for creating, building, and scaling an internal team of Customer Happiness Associates. This is a fully remote position, and we are seeking full-time candidates based in the United States. This leader will create department-wide goals and KPIs from both an operational and quality assurance standpoint. They will motivate, coach, and develop your process-driven team to exceed performance goals that they play a role in setting, while also empowering the team to advocate for the customers.
This is an amazing professional opportunity to get in at ground zero with a high-growth subscription DTC startup with over 400% YoY growth and build the department from the ground up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Turn our Customer Happiness function into a strength that proactively responds to customer needs and that drives top-line growth to the company
- Identify opportunities to create and improve current Customer Happiness processes and increase operational efficiency
- Work cross-functionally with product and marketing teams to build test and implement new initiatives, informing product and business strategy
- Create department goals and KPIs for team members, and strive to raise the bar higher
- Review customer contacts and identify ways to improve the customer experience, as well as own escalated customer contacts and resolve them
- Hold weekly and monthly team calls to discuss performance KPIs and create a collaborative team whose motivated to increase operational efficiency and customer service
- Create reports and analyses to build the voice of the customer, contribute to the broader business narrative, and identify opportunity areas
- Monitor trends in quality issues and defectives and share them with the Supply Chain function
- Be proactive and prepare the team for seasonal or promotional influxes
- Build and manage a team of both domestic and overseas Customer Happiness Associates who are dedicated to following operational processes, procedures, and working toward department KPIs.
- Identify trends in customer feedback that can improve our products and/or help us capture incremental revenue
- Ensure consistency in brand voice and experience at every interaction across the CX ecosystem
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience working in customer service for an online retailer or direct-to-consumer startup. 1 year of Supervisory / Management experience required
- Experience building and creating an overseas customer service team
- Desire to create, improve, and discuss team macros, processes, and operations
- Experience working with data, setting targets, forecasts, and managing performance to KPIs
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills
- Team player capable of working cross-functionally
- Willingness to extend yourself and assist other team members for training and development
- Flexibility/ability to reinvent and reimagine as our business changes
- Experience working with ticketing platforms such as Gorgias
- Experience with subscription platforms such as ReCharge is a major plus, but not required
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive salary and compensation package, with performance incentives
- A 100% remote working environment (we’ve been remote-first since launch!)
- Unlimited vacation > if you need time off, take it - we trust you!
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Huge opportunity for upward mobility and growth within the company
- A full gifted shaving kit and discounts for friends and family